Thursday, February 12, 2009

Josiah's First Haircut

Josiah was born with a bunch of hair. It has slowly started thinning out, but just keeps growing longer and longer and longer. It was almost in his eyes, and the hair on the side of his head was WAY past his ears. I decided it was time for a hair cut.

I set him in James' chair for the before picture and then quickly realized that there was no way I could get to the back of his head like that. (This should have been the first sign that I don't know anything about cutting hair and I should have just put the scissors down and run to Cool Cuts for Kids to have a professional do it. But I was trying to save money and time.)




I picked Josiah up and put him in the Bumbo instead. It helps him kind of sit up and I can turn him around to see everything. I sprayed his hair with a little water which took his breath away. Then I started to cut. I figured that cutting the hair above his ears would be the best place to start. I pulled the hair back and cut off about an inch or so. Then I realized I had cut too much. I did better on the other side but it was already too late. His neckline is not much better. Needless to say I want Josh to take him to Cool Cuts and see if they can try to fix it. I am too embarrassed to take him myself.




I took an after picture which does not look bad at all. (Notice that you can't see the back or sides of his head. All the places I cut.) Lesson learned: Leave haircutting to the pros. Seriously.

2 comments:

Megan Bates said...

I have made the same mistake myself - don't feel bad! It looks so easy when you watch the hairdressers snip the kids' hair. I always thought, Why am I paying 14.99 for this? Cooper was around a year when I made my first mistake. Now I'm dencess"Cartoon Cuts" #1 fan! : )

Anonymous said...

My dearest Crystal, you did a fine, fine job on Josiahs hair !!! He looks very handsome like his Daddy. Keep up the good work. Mee-Maw would be proud of you for even attempting the task!! Its not as easy as it looks. Kudos to you, I love you very much.