Thursday, December 4, 2008

What's a mom to do?

Now that James is down to one nap, which lately has only been one hour long, I have been desperate for things to help fill up the day. Now that the weather has been so cold our walks are on the outs. Considering tomorrow it is only supposed to reach 49degrees, it seems like this desperation will continue for the next couple of months. Oh boy. Two little boys under the age of two without the option of going outside. What's a mom to do? And some people thought we were crazy for blowing up a bounce house in our living room. HA!
Today I decided to introduce little buddy to the joys of playdoh. I took out the blue container along with a mini rolling pin, scraper, and pizza cutter type toy. This playdoh was left over from my kinder days. It was a cheap knock-off brand so it didn't have that distinct smell that I loved as a child but now have come to loathe. Nevertheless I can handle it. Now chalk on the other hand, that's a different story. I showed James how to roll the playdoh into little balls and snakes. He tried his hand at some of the tools after he saw me using them. It turned out that what he really enjoyed was putting the little balls that I had made back into the container, dumping them out, then putting them back in again. Strangely he didn't ever try to eat it, but he did offer it to me. When I wouldn't open my mouth to eat it he got upset. Now he knows how I feel! :) We had a fun time together. We played for almost 20 mintues! Now, what to do for the other seven and a half hours of wake time...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry MOM- he'll find other strange things to eat- like pillbugs,mud,or doggie treats(his Granny Mary eat those)!!

Unknown said...

Opps I mean ate those!!!!!!