Saturday, January 3, 2009

Free is always best.

As many of you know I love to find good deals on all sorts of things. I get especially excited about cheap and fun entertainment for the boys. Yesterday I was talking with my good friend Nikki T. and she told me about a posting on Freecycle for an "easle thingy." I emailed them and they graciously chose me to have it. For FREE! I picked it up today on the other side of town. It needed a little TLC but after I wiped it down it looked great except for one problem. It had a chalkboard on one side. I seriously cannot handle chalkboards. Even typing about them gives me the creeps. My awesome husband fixed that problem quickly. (He understands how strong my aversion is to all things chalkboard.) We ripped the ol' blackboard off and Josh borrowed the neighbors rotozip to cut a white board to fit. (Thank you Jesus for the best neighbors in the world. Mary, if you are reading this just know you really are the best!) James loves his new easle thingy. He doesn't even know that he is missing the chalkboard. We "fixed" it before he even woke up from his nap. Nice...





1 comment:

Dotti said...

I can't wait to see him draw all over himself, just like his mommy!