It turns out that the same qualities of the oatmeal that make it a good candidate for self-feeding also make for a big sticky mess. Go figure. The problem, well one problem, is that James has a difficult time getting the oatmeal on the spoon. When he moves the spoon in the bowl, the whole bowl moves. I really want one of those bowls with a suction cup on the bottom. Every time I am at the store I forget to buy one and then every morning when he is pushing the bowl around with his spoon I wonder why I haven't bought one yet.
When I fill his spoon with oatmeal he always turns the spoon over before it makes it into his mouth. This means the majority of the oatmeal lands on his bib. James loves his oatmeal and doesn't want to waste one bit. When he sees some on his bib or highchair tray he tries to pick it up and put it in his mouth. That makes his hands sticky. Then he scratches his eye or itches his head and then the oatmeal is transferred to his face and hair. Delightful.
When I try to take his picture he squints his eyes as he is anticipating the flash. Goofy boy! I love him to pieces. :)
1 comment:
Just wait until you have spagetti sauce. On the good side though, it makes a great picture:)!
Post a Comment